Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Search for Apples [part 8] - Interrogation

Agent Jones - Department of Temporal Investigations Personal Field Log: Stardate 62691.2, Earthdate August 25, 2385.
Why do we always get the tough ones?  After the last predestination paradox incident, I was hoping Agent Smith and I could do a bit of light duty.  After all, it's been 115 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes, 29 seconds since our last shore leave... But no.  We have the pleasure of pursuing the recent chroniton trace alert - one that seems to have not been a false-positive.


Agent Smith recommended we follow protocol 5892, and in this situation, I agree.  The particles we detected led us to Starfleet Academy, to a certain cadet's bed.  How this particular Eva Applestien came in contact with such radiation - and the resulting explanation would have been difficult enough to obtain, but was even more so, due to her contact with two particular cadets, which proved rather difficult to question.
Kabrina Lyron and Devon K Scott: an extremely frustrating couple, to be certain!  Each with characteristics that make them even more suspicious and skeptical of our true identities and intents.  Even after they were told about the inquisition, even after introductions, they continued to circumvent everything that was proposed to them and asked of them.  Mr. Scott: what a rebellious kwgot.  Pardon the curse, but it is rightly reserved: the most annoying pink-skin I've ever had the displeasure of working with.  He punched me, protective of his pale female mate, Kabrina.  I, in turn, threw him across the room and into a console.  Perhaps Agent Smith is right: maybe I did "loose control of my emotions," as he says.  But did it feel good!

The Department of Temporal Investigations is committed to ensuring the integrity of the timeline is not / has not / will not be altered.  So when that defiant little man, Mr. Scott decided he thought it would be funny to push me; threaten to sling-shot around the sun (as if he had the ability to, with our temporal inhibitors in place), I employed a bit of a reverse threat to get the job done...  I gave him an ultimatum: find and report the location of this Eva, or I ensure the careers of both himself, and his mate, are terminated.

Maybe you'll be useful yet... Agent Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment