Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Apples on my family tree [part 1] - Arrival

Eva's Personal Log: Stardate 62612.8, Earthdate July 27, 2385.
After a few days of being here, I've finally caught up to them.  It's still amazing to me how easy information is to come across during this time.  A quick search in the Federation database (believe me: their encryption could be so much better), and a stowaway transport later, here I am at Starfleet Academy.  It took some doing to get the uniform right though.  As I say, information is a premium commodity back home.

Back home... Every time I think of it, anxiety and sadness creep in.  What he did for me... What he did for all of us...  I find myself frustratingly blocking those emotions, however, due to Kabrina.  She's so powerful; even in her younger years.  I wouldn't have thought of her like she is now: so young, vibrant, and full of life; yet possessing so much wisdom and self-control that others rarely have an opportunity to find out.

And then there's Devon... So much of a rambunctious youth, I'm surprised he ever made it through the academy.  He's constantly putting his foot in his mouth, and consistently looses controls of his gifts.  I'm surprised he hasn't been made yet... Yet his potential, even in his younger days is beyond even his imagination.  I tried to express this to him... I may have said too much.  I think he has a few suspicions.  But wow, is he ever cute.  I see what Kabrina sees in him, and find myself drawn to him in the same manner...

I have made a few mistakes, I'm afraid, like earlier when Kabrina asked me for my last name. I almost blurted it out, without even thinking.  I now have the nickname of "Apples" because of the blunder.  Not that it really matters.  No matter what happens from this point, the future will and has changed.  Let's just hope I can make it change for the better.  If Tryn were here, I'm sure he'd say something profound and revolutionary to end his log.  Me?  I'm just Eva Api-Lyron...


And I might just be the future's only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment